35 years after the disappearance of the singer, Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley attended a candlelight vigil for the fans of the King on Wednesday in Graceland, as reported by the channel CBS News.
To celebrate the 35th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley , his ex-wife Priscilla Presley and their only daughter, Lisa Marie, made a surprise appearance before thousands of fans who had gathered outside the singer’s remains, for a candlelight vigil on Wednesday, as related by the American channel CBS News, the next day.
The two women have appeared on a stage set up inside the walls of the house of the King in Memphis, while thousands of people carrying candles were about to enter the grounds of the home of Elvis Presley.
Those close to the singer have first thanked the crowd for their eternal admiration to the icon of rock ‘n’ roll. Lisa Marie Presley, stood beside her mother, spoke to the fans, thanking them for their dedication to her father. “I really felt it was important to come here tonight. I love you very much”, she told the crowd.
This is the first time Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie appear together at the annual candlelight vigil, a tradition since the 1980s. Fans of Elvis Presley flock – in fact – each August at Graceland to pay tribute to the singer who has sold 700 million records during his lifetime.
- Justin Bieber performance at the ceremony in tribute to michael jackson
- Glee beats Beatles in Billboard Hot 100
- Lady GaGa: a duo, a tribute, for a program
- THE BLACK EYED PEAS PAY TRIBUTE TO JAPAN
- The mother of Michael Jackson appears after seven days of anguish
- Michael Jackson is the King in jail in Cebu Philippines
- On the radar: Bruno Mars
- Lady Gaga comparing gay men with steak