Some two thousand free tickets for a concert that the Spanish tenor Placido Domingo offered in Santiago on July 17 sold out today before the official start of their distribution, makers of the show reported.
As reported by the news agency EFE, the reason is that thousands of people braved the coldest morning so far this year in the Chilean capital of 8.5 degrees Celsius in some areas, positioned across from the three distribution points and managers, to avoid disturbances, the fans gave numbers to access the lockers.
Thus, when it began the delivery, all the tickets have owners, i.e. those who had received a number. Placido Domingo is to star in Chile, starting Monday, the opera “Il Postino” at the Teatro Municipal in Santiago, which embodies the poet Pablo Neruda.
Also be featured at the Movistar Arena on July 17, commemorating the 45th anniversary of its debut in Chile in 1967, which gave 2,000 free tickets today, equivalent to approximately one sixth of the capacity of the enclosure, where Domingo provide a repertoire ranging from opera arias to popular music.
“We expected many people, but what impresses is that it was a very orderly process, people came much earlier than expected and everything proceeds normally, is a cultural event in itself”, he told reporters after tickets run out, the manager of the Teatro Muncipal, Francisco Torres.
Spanish tenor will also participate in a dinner that aims to raise funds for the reconstruction of scenic workshops Teatro Municipal de Santiago, which early on were destroyed by fire.
- Placido Domingo Wins Latin Grammy
- Vanessa Paradis: concert at the Versailles released on CD
- Tickets for Take That Tour 2011 are in high demand
- Hassle free concert at French Duijts
- Joan Manuel Serrat began his tour on 23 April in Elche
- Grab Free Ringtones from Your Favorite Artists Today!
- Katy Perry: all about her concert in India Bollywood
- Faith Hill gives concert for Katrina survivors